COME TOGETHER INITIATIVE
Come Together is a spiritual journey. It will stretch us beyond where we have been stretched, and we pray it will enable us to see life and our mission the way God sees it so we can live our lives the way God intended us to live them.
Come Together is about inviting people who have never been reached to experience the saving and redeeming love of Christ. We need to become bolder in our invitations if the potential of our mission is to be realised. None of this is possible without giving the boldest gifts we have ever given. If we Come Together in sacrifice and giving, we will see things in our mission we never dreamed possible. Come Together giving isn’t about making payments, it’s about writing stories. There are few inspiring stories of accumulation, only inspiring stories of sacrifice. God is calling us to write some new stories.
IMAGINE A BRIGHTER FUTURE
Fast forward ten years. Imagine what could be:
- Hundreds, if not thousands of our friends and family have come to faith through the enhanced ministry of our existing and new campuses, permanent and portable.
- We are connecting thousands of Christians and non-Christians through our online campus, giving them access to a church that unchurched people love to attend and leading them into a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Hundreds of new leaders are raised up across the country and inspired to create churches that unchurched people love to attend.
- New venues that are reaching people we’ve never met in neighbouring cities and maybe a few cities you might never visit.
- Through the faithfulness of God and the boldness of his people, the Kingdom has expanded and the church is making a bigger impact than it was when we began in leadership.
- The church will have become bold again. And, because of that, together, we are realising our God-given vision.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
During our lifetime, our own communities have become a mission field:
- Over 90% of our friends and neighbours will not be in church this weekend.
- In Cape Town alone, over 500,000 people choose not to be in church on any given Sunday.
- Most South Africans believe in some kind of God, they just don’t think the church can help them or that Jesus provides the way to God.
What if we at Southpoint have been uniquely positioned to make an impact in and beyond our communities? To be a church that unchurched people love to attend and to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ has never been more important.
A UNIQUE EFFECTIVENESS
We are very grateful that God appears to have granted Southpoint a unique effectiveness in reaching unchurched people:
- The majority of our growth comes from people who didn’t previously attend church regularly.
- We have the breadth and depth of ministry to meet people at any point in their spiritual journey and to help lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Benefiting from our partnership with North Point Ministries, we have developed a finely tuned model of ministry that will reach even more people as we move forward and can position us to reach people beyond our current location.
IT’S TIME… TO MULTIPLY OUR INFLUENCE
While we certainly still have much to learn, few churches have the size or ability we do to make the kind of impact we can make if we take our boldest step yet. To not be more bold moving forward would mean not only shrinking from an opportunity, but shrinking from a responsibility.
It’s our responsibility to hand the church we received to the next generation in better shape than we received it. And in the process, we have the opportunity, if not the responsibility, to do everything we can to reach thousands more in our city with the message of Jesus.